1950-1951 President: Mrs. James C. Harris
Revised Provisional Course to Junior League standards; sponsored first Benefit Bridge; participated actively in five community fund drives.
1951-1952 President: Mrs. Coleman J. Hudson, Jr.
Held first Tea honoring Sustaining Members; donated visual-aid machine to Crippled Children’s Class; presented typewriter to graduate of Crippled Children’s Class; participated in compiling a directory for Camp Polk.
1952-1953 President: Mrs. John W. Foltz Presented first gavel to incoming President; inaugurated Memorial Fund; held successful Christmas Paper Sale; initiated Patients’ Service organization; prepared Placement cards on all members; presented Mock Style Show.
1953-1954 President: Mrs. Coates Stuckey
Addressed 10,000 letters for the Easter Seal Society; President visited Provisionals; laid groundwork for Rehabilitation Center; moved Thrift Shop to better location.
1954-1955 President: Mrs. Julian T. Murchison
Donated $2,000 to Rehabilitation Center; Mrs. H.J. Levy Scholarship recipient attended college of her choice; established Steering Committee for Crippled Children’s Clinic.
1955-1956 President: Mrs. George B. Hall
Donated $1,500 proceeds to Rehabilitation Center; dedicated “Follies 47” money to Center at $1,000/year for five years; sponsored first P.S.O. Book Tea; established Alexandria Service League Scholarship; reorganized yearbook.
1956-1957 President: Mrs. W. P. Hayne
Donated additional $1,275 to Rehabilitation Center and League President served as president of Rehabilitation Center Board of Directors; held Benefit Style Show; purchased new station wagon for Crippled Children’s Class.
1957-1958 President: Mrs. P.M. Davis, Jr.
Moved Thrift Shop to better location; applied for Junior League membership; assisted Keller Club for the Blind at the YWCA; served as Y-Teen Counselors; presented Youth Symphony Concerts free to children of Alexandria-Pineville; gave audio machine to Crippled Children’s Class.
1958-1959 President: Dr. Gail C. Goodwin
Replaced hour system by free placement with interviews; initiated Puppets, Arts and Crafts as new projects; held first Sustainers’ Bundles Coffee; formed Volunteer Bureau; voted that new members would remain Active until forty; established Thrift Shop Committee; presented gavel to first ten Presidents.
1959-1960 President: Mrs. Don O. Willis
Held Follies and two Benefit Style Shows; organized Huey P. Long Hospital Auxiliary; organized Y-Teen Club at Industrial School for Girls; organized class for the visually handicapped.