Junior League of Alexandria Grants 2015
The Junior League grants committee, in its 14th year, awarded $9,154 in grants to different non-profit organizations in our focus area which address women and children’s issues. These much needed grants allow the Junior League to spread our mission through other community organizations. Our committee has awarded the following grants:
- YWCA of Alexandria-Pineville – Girls on the Run: Grant money will be used to help fund scholarships for girls to participate in the Girls on the Run Program.
- Hope House: Grant money will be used to provide materials for a bullying campaign
- Girls Scouts of Louisiana – Pines to the GULF:Grant money will be used to provide registration fee & fees for materials needed for girls to participate in Scouts that would not otherwise be able to.
- Next Step of Central Louisiana: Grant money will be used to provide funding for “A Fight We Can Win: Teen Dating Violence Awareness & Prevention” initiative for teens in Foster Care.
- Louisiana Baptist Children’s Home & Family Ministries: Grant money will be used to provide assistance for childcare for foster families attending their conference.
- A Perfect Fit Foundation: Grant money will be used to aid in funding the purchase of shoes to underprivileged children in the classroom.
- Central Louisiana AIDS Supports Services, INC. (CLASS):Grant money will be used to help provide school supplies for children who receive assistance from CLASS.
- Rapides Symphony Orchestra: Grant money will be used to pay for tickets to the symphony’s “Holiday Concert” to families and children currently in Foster Care.
- Central Louisiana Arts & Healthcare: Grant money will be used to support art programs with children at local hospitals.
- T.R.E.E. House Children’s Museum: Grant money will be used for costumes for the T.R.E.E House’s Saturday World Traveler Program.
- River Oaks Art Cent: Grant money will be used to provide funding for the Foster Grandparent Program.